Schwalbe Pro One
The Schwalbe Pro One tubeless tyre is outstanding. Supreme grip & rolling performance are guaranteed as well as durability & puncture protection. A tyre that is fast & light which also provides a thrilling ride with superb rider comfort.
Top Features of the Schwalbe Pro One Evo MicroSkin TL-Easy Folding Road Tyre
- Designed for competition featuring OneStar compound
- Fast, light, reliable and the is the next generation of tubeless tyres
- Schwalbe's top model tubeless tyre
- Tyre provides great durability and protection, supreme road grip and outstanding rolling performance
- TL-Easy (Tubeless) and MicroSkin technology
- Sizes: 700 x 23c/25c/28c
- Weights: 235g/255g/275g
- BAR ratings: 5.0-8.5 (23c), 5.0-7.5 (25c) and 4.0-6.5 (28c)
- PSI ratings: 70-125 (23c), 70-110 (25c) and 55-95 (28c)
- TPI: 127
- Why Tubeless Easy?
- Friction between the tyre and tube is now a thing of the past. This crucially reduces the rolling resistance. It is even smaller than with super light competition tyres
- With tubeless, you can ride with less air pressure – without restrictions to performance! This brings noticeable advantages in comfort, but also significantly more control in critical situations and on poor routes
- Tubeless systems provide very high puncture protection. Sudden air loss due to bursting tubes or valves tearing is ruled out. At the same time, a puncture protection fluid seals incisions within a tenth of a second, during the ride.
- Further Information
- View the Schwalbe Tubeless Easy Fitting Guide for further info or visit the Schwalbe website for a more detailed Tubeless Easy explanation.
|Wheel Size:||700c (622)|
A few years ago Schwalbe started focusing very intensively on tubeless and especially on tubeless for racing bikes. In this context, they learned: tubeless on racing bikes is an exceptionally challenging innovation. This is because manufacturing high-pressure capable tubeless tyres to an excellent level is anything other than easy.
Schwalbe are now convinced tubeless is the tyre of the future because it offers clear benefits in terms of speed, comfort, grip and puncture protection for all sporty and ambitious cyclists
MicroSkin is the development which makes the difference compared to previous tubeless tyres. The patented construction consists of a high-tensile micro fabric which is vulcanized together with the rubber compound and the carcass. MicroSkin envelops the entire carcass and facilitates a fault-free Tubeless Easy operation for high-pressure tyres, not unlike SnakeSkin on an MTB tyre.
Tubeless tyres for racing bikes are now getting clearly lighter and also significantly faster. This technology also spans over to cross and touring bikes. The integrated MicroSkin fabric completes several important functions at the same time. It ensures impermeability. It guarantees reliable high-pressure stability. And on a side note, it also improves the overall cut resistance.
View the Schwalbe Tubeless Easy Fitting Guide for further info or visit the Schwalbe website for a more detailed Tubeless Easy explanation.
About Road Race Tyres
These tyres are for racing style bikes that use clincher/hooked rims, these are the most common fitment and hook onto the rim and require an inner tube. There is a wide choice of tyres within this category and the right choice is important. Lighter tyres will accelerate quickly, but will be more prone to punctures so getting a balance is extremely important. If you require a tyre for all round use look for something with puncture protection, an average TPI(Threads Per Inch) and average weight. If you require a fast tyre and speed is the only thing that matters look for a low weight folding tyre with high TPI. If durability is your priority and speed is not so important look towards the puncture resistant tyres and consider going for a wider tyre, these will be less prone to punctures and offer a bit more comfort. For wet road conditions a triple compound or winter tyre is a good choice, these use a softer compound on the cornering surface to maximise grip.
About the Schwalbe brand
For over 70 years Schwalbe have dominated the two wheeled tyre industry in Germany and Europe, being voted best MTB tyre brand in Germany for the past two years. From the very early beginnings where the company founder, Earnest-Wilhelm Bohle capitalised on the developing cycle industry, to the ultra modern distribution facility near Cologne, Schwalbe have continued to design and manufacture some of the finest bicycle tyres available. Schwalbe's success is due in part to the effort it makes in product development from lab tests at the manufacturing facility to the hardest proving grounds of all, professional cycle racing. 'Team Gerolsteiner' achieved a very creditable 7th place overall in the 2004 Tour de France and the unique performance of team captain Davide Rebellin winning three major classic races back to back using Schwalbe tyre. Other notable succeses include Normann Stadler winning the infamous Ironman triathlon in Hawaii, riding Schwalbe Stelvio tyres.